Your hosting provider is the foundation that your website is built upon. With a great hosting provider, your site will always be accessible and load quickly. That translates into a great visitor experience.
The reverse is also true, of course.
You’ve no doubt read plenty of horror stories of bad providers that cause your online store to load slowly, if at all.
This guide will help you sidestep costly headaches by providing a list of the best Magento hosting. Before you discover the best hosting providers, take a second to review important factors you need to consider when selecting the best host for your Magento site.
Table Of Contents
Why Should You Choose Magento Hosting?
While general hosting could work for Magento sites, choosing a specialist Magento host is your best bet for a well-run site. Below are some reasons you should choose Magento hosting.
1. Managed Hosting
Setting up and maintaining your online store can quickly get technical. That’s an issue if you are not tech-savvy. Magento hosting providers should have staff with hands-on expertise in handling issues that come with Magento sites.
You’ll be able to get support with Magento-specific queries. That expertise translates into saving time and costs. You can quickly resolve any issues with your site so you can focus on making sales.
Magento sites have specific requirements. A generic host may offer good hosting features; however, do they have their servers optimized for hosting Magento websites?
A relevant provider will also ensure your site is PCI compliant. With a PCI compliant site, you can offer integrated payment gateways and process credit cards securely.
3. Increased Security
You wouldn’t want to have to worry about hackers and malicious intruders when running your ecommerce store. Magento hosting typically has DDoS protection in place, along with a decent firewall and anti-malware strategy.
4. Automated Daily Backups
If your website is hacked or compromised in any way, you can load a backup. A Magento hosting provider can help with scheduled, daily automatic backups, often at no cost to you.
5. Fast Load Times
Speed is important for online stores, and is essential for Ecommerce SEO. Ideally, your Magento store will load in less than two seconds. The best Magento hosting providers have their servers fully optimized for LiteMage Cache, the world’s fastest Magento full page cache.
6. Affordable and Flexible
Most generic hosts have plans, and pricing is not tailored for Magento hosting, which means they are more expensive than necessary. A Magento hosting provider would have Magento-specific plans that save you costs.
4 Factors to Keep in Mind When Choosing a Hosting Provider
Magento works best when paired with a robust and agile infrastructure. The wrong choice of Magento hosting providers can lead to issues with site load time, using more data than you need to run your site, and more.
Problems like the two issues highlighted above result in direct and indirect costs to your business. For example, slow loading times can lead to you missing out on higher search rankings, lose sales, or end up spending more than needed.
Here are four important factors to keep in mind when selecting Magento hosting that will enable you to sidestep these problems. Read on to learn more.
1. Server Optimization
First, make sure that the server you opt for has the minimum requirements for Magento hosting. For example, Magento 2.2 technology stack requirements include a Linux (x86-64) operating system and a memory requirement of up to 2 GB.
Your web host’s servers should meet the following requirements:
|Nginx (alternative to Apache)||1.7x|
One thing you should take note of is that Magento is a Hypertext Preprocessor or PHP-based content management system.
Thus, the web host you go with must optimize its servers for running PHP code. Magento 2 and higher recommend PHP 7.0 for peak performance.
Some providers have auto scaling to ensure optimal server performance. Auto scaling simply refers to the process of scaling down or reducing the servers allocated to your site. With auto scaling, your website will always have the required server resources for excellent performance at all times.
Another key factor to consider is whether or not your Magento hosting service provides managed hosting for Magento stores. With managed Magento hosting, your host handles everything from managing and administering your site to monitoring and keeping your website optimized.
2. Server Speed
Websites that take more than two seconds to load have a significantly lower conversion rate than sites that load in less than 2 seconds. Unfortunately, Magento sites can be a tad slow. That’s why you must choose Magento hosting that prioritizes server speed.
First, make sure that the server location of your web host’s data centers is close to your target market. That way, latency is reduced, and you can have fast-loading web pages. You should also check if the provider offers a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
A CDN will host caches of your site on different web server farms around the world. That means it will load fast wherever a visitor is accessing the site.
Also, find out if the Magento hosting solution you are considering is optimized with advanced caching. Advanced caching ensures that your website is fast.
Find out more and check out our site speed optimization guide.
3. Flexibility of plans
Flexible pricing is an important factor when choosing the best Magento hosting providers. The best Magento hosting platforms have an array of Magento hosting plans you can choose from as your site grows. In general, your hosting platform will offer plans and pricing based on the type of server.
You can either use shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, or cloud hosting. Not all hosting services offer Magento hosting on their shared hosting plans. It is a good idea to use VPS hosting if your online store is handling around 1,000 visitors a day.
Find out and compare the packages for each server tier before choosing your Magento hosting. Keep in mind that when it comes to Magento hosting plans, cheaper is not always better. Take a hard look at the features each plan offers before settling on one.
At the very least, your plan of choice should have free SSL certificates, 1-Click application installation, protection from malware and other security threats.
Some Magento hosting has a pay-as-you-go pricing model. This means you only pay for the resources you use. If you are keen on saving costs, you can consider this billing option. Above all, find out if the web hosting option provides a money-back guarantee.
4. Customer Support
Finally, one key factor to help you decide on your Magento hosting solution is customer support. You need your customer support team to respond quickly, ideally in less than 10 minutes, to all inquiries. The last thing you want is a company that responds slowly to queries and can’t solve your problem immediately.
Before you settle on a Magento hosting service, research the kind of support available.
Look for web hosting that guarantees round-the-clock support. That way, regardless of your timezone and location, you can reach out for hosting help. Customer support staff and technicians with a comprehensive understanding of Magento hosting are essential as well.
The customer support staff should help with technical queries, hotfixes, patches, Magento development, and more. Good customer support would even help you with your ecommerce hosting strategy.
Find out the communication channels that are open for store owners as well. Can you call, email, or even have a live chat with customer support agents? Do they have an opening ticket system or an assigned account manager that can keep tabs on your site?
8 Best Magento Hosting Providers
Now that you’ve learned the key features to keep an eye out for when choosing a Magento hosting provider, it’s time to look at the seven best options.
|Web Hosts||Hosting Type Offered||Uptime||Price Range||Disk Space|
|Siteground||Shared hosting, VPS, Dedicated, Magento, and Cloud hosting||99.98%||From $14.95/month||10 GB - 30 GB|
|MageMojo||Magento & Magento 2 Hosting||99.99%||From $98/month||25GB - Unlimited|
|Cloudways||VPS, Dedicated, Magento, Cloud, and Shared hosting||99.99%||From $10/ month||25 GB|
|Hostgator||VPS, Dedicated, Magento, Cloud, and Shared hosting||99.99%||From $2.75/month||Unmetered|
|A2 Hosting||VPS, Dedicated, Magento, Cloud, and Shared hosting||99.98%||From $5.99/month||100GB - Unlimited|
|Hostinger||VPS, Dedicated, Magento, Cloud, and Shared hosting||99.98%||From $6.95./month||100 GB - unlimited|
|InMotion||VPS, Dedicated, Magento, Cloud, and Shared hosting||99.98%||From $31.99/month||45GB - 2TB|
|GoDaddy||VPS, Dedicated, Magento, Cloud, and Shared hosting||99.98%||From $9.99/month||100GB - Unlimited|
With SiteGround, you get amazing customer support, Magento support, and security features on all hosting plans. You can choose from any of their Magento hosting plans.
The entry-level plan starts from around $5 a month. Hosting features of the Magento entry plan include 10GB of storage space, bandwidth for 10,000 site visits a month, and free backups.
Below is an overview of SiteGround and its key features.
- Customer Support: You can reach their customer service via phone, chat, and tickets at any time for Magento queries. You get immediate replies through on-site chat. They offer 24/7 phone support. The average response time for support tickets is less than 10 minutes.
- Security: For any of their Magento plans, you get a free SSL certificate. This will keep your site secured, allow you to process payments, and reduce the risk of intruders gaining access to data.
SiteGround is the best hosting provider. It has the features you need and expect from a great company.
That includes fast hosting services and the option to select the data center where your content is hosted. This is great if you’re targeting a certain geographic area.
Furthermore, SiteGround also provides good customer support. This is important, as you want to use a company that can answer your queries promptly and resolves issues just as fast. All these reasons make SiteGround the best solution. Access SiteGround with a 60% discount by clicking the link below.
(Get up to 60% off)
MageMojo is one of the best Magento hosting companies. Their technicians and customer support staff can quickly resolve any problems with a Magento or Magento 2 website.
Below is an overview of MageMojo, so you can see what makes it such a great company:
- Easy-to-use Interface: The MageMojo admin interface is simple and easy to navigate. From the control panel, you can manage your sites, invoicing, and more.
- CloudFront CDN: One of the stand out features of MageMojo is the CloudFront Content Delivery Network (CDN). The CDN is hosted through Amazon Web Services and saves a cached version of your site on servers worldwide. The CDN improves your site load time.
MageMojo is one of the best managed Magento hosting companies. The servers are Magento optimized, ensure fast load times, and can deal with traffic spikes. That is critical because site speed impacts your search rankings and sales (a site that loads slowly has a lower conversion rate than fast sites).
In addition to features like fast site speeds, you’ll have a great customer support team in place to help you resolve any issues. The customer service team responds quickly to inquiries.
Unfortunately, MageMojo is expensive compared to the other providers on this list. If you’re looking for a Magento optimized hosting provider, though, it is affordable. Click the link below to secure your discount.
Cloudways is a good choice for anyone seeking a Magento host. What separates Cloudways from other Magento hosting providers is that it offers platform-as-a-service cloud hosting. Below is an overview of the Magento hosting features and company strengths and weaknesses.
- Automatic Backups: Problems with your website, for instance, if you get hacked, will cripple your business. Fortunately, Cloudways automatically backs up your site data. You can restore a saved version of your site with a single click.
- Real-time Server Monitoring: This feature helps you understand what’s happening with your website. The CloudwaysBot monitors your site’s performance and provides you with notifications about any web server issues.
- Customer Support: Like most of the best Magento hosting providers, Cloudways offers around-the-clock customer support to address your concerns and queries.
Cloudways offers competitive pricing on all its Magento cloud hosting plans. The competitive pricing is backed up with fast load times and a good customer service team. Access Cloudways by clicking the button below.
Hostgator is one of the cheapest providers of hosting for Magento websites. The company provides hosting services for more than 800,000 store owners. They offer VPS, shared, and dedicated hosting.
This Magento review will focus on the VPS Magento plans, which are recommended for eCommerce store owners. The VPS plans start from $19.95 per month. This comes with 2GB RAM, 120 GB of storage, and unmetered bandwidth. You can host unlimited websites on their most expensive plans.
Below is an overview of everything you ought to know about Hostgator.
- Money-Back Guarantee: HostGator has a 45-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their services.
- Free SSL Certificate: HostGator will help you secure your store with a free SSL certificate. The certificate will protect your data and allow you to process online payments through the site.
- Free Site Transfer: Within 30 days of signing up, you get a limited number of free transfers.
- Impressive Uptime: If you sign up with HostGator, you are guaranteed 99.9% uptime. This means that your site will always be up with very little or no downtime.
Hostgator leverages those economies of scale to provide affordable Magento plans. You can also host unlimited websites on the more expensive plans, and they have a competitive offering. If you’re hosting Magento websites, and customer service isn’t your primary concern, Hostgator is a great option.
5. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting uptime and loading speed are one of the best in the industry. They host Magento on their Turbo Boost and Turbo Max Plans. When it comes to security features, A2 hosting is your best bet. The Turbo Boost plan comes with unlimited storage, free site migration, and automatic backups.
You also get access to 2GB RAM. This plan starts from around $10 per month. On the other hand, A2 Hosting’s Turbo Max plan starts at around $15 per month. The Turbo Max plan has the same features as the Turbo Boost plan, including 4GB RAM.
Below is a quick overview of A2 Hosting.
- 24/7 Customer Support: A2 hosting offers around-the-clock customer support via phone, email, live chat, and ticket. They are fast and responding to queries and resolving problems.
- Security: To protect Magento sites from hackers, they provide free SSL certificates. You can be assured that your Magento store data will always be secure.
Why A2 Hosting?
A2 Hosting is one of the best web hosting services. One of the things that make the company stand out is the fast web servers. They also offer great customer support. When considering their service, it’s good to think of the first year as an introductory pricing offer.
Many Magento users select A2 Hosting because of their experience with Magento. Click the button below to learn more about their services.
Hostinger offers some of the cheapest web hosting plans on the market for Magento users. They offer different web hosting services with different price packages.
You get access to bandwidth from 100 GB, with the most expensive plan giving you unlimited bandwidth. Storage ranges from 10GB to 100GB based on your preferred price package. For Magento hosting, pricing starts at less than $10 per month.
You can find an overview of their Magento web hosting services below.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Hostinger offers a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their service. That means you can try their service risk-free.
- Impressive Load Time: Hostinger has maintained an average loading speed of less than one second for the past twelve months. Fast load times translate into an improved customer experience.
- Easy to Use Interface: Hostinger provides a beginner-friendly control panel. It has everything you need to manage your site in one location.
- Free Domain Name: All Hostinger payment plans come with free domain names for the first year.
Hostinger provides cheap fast web hosting. If you’re just starting out and you’re price-sensitive, the competitive pricing, regular discounts, and special offers make this company worth checking out. Secure the best price for hosting Magento sites with Hostinger by clicking the button below.
InMotion is a good choice for companies that have a customer base in North America. They have two data centers in Los Angeles and California.
InMotion offers amazing features such as a 90-day money-back promise and unlimited bandwidth. Their customer support staff can be reached through live chat, phone, and email.
The company has affordable hosting plans for people running Magento sites. They offer shared hosting and dedicated servers. You can find more information about the company below.
- Fast Servers: The InMotion server farms ensure your site loads fast. You also get ample SSD storage for your site.
- Daily Backups: InMotion provides backups to ensure that you do not lose important data. These types of security features are important. For instance, if your site is hacked, you can restore a backup from before the incident.
- Security: InMotion provides a free SSL certificate through the cPanel control panel. All eCommerce websites need an SSL certificate.
- Free Website Migration: InMotion allows you to migrate your Magento site from your previous host for free.
- Money-Back Guarantee: InMotion offers a 90-day refund.
If you’re looking for the best options for hosting Magento sites, InMotion should be on your list. The company has fast servers, good infrastructure, and a customer support team. The main issue is the customer support team is not fast at responding to inquiries.
Click the button below to learn more about the InMotion Magento packages.l
GoDaddy offers one of the best Magento packages on their VPS, Business, and shared plans. The shared plan and VPS plan start at under $10 per month, and the Business plan starts at around $20 a month. You can find more information about the company below.
- Customer Support: Customers enjoy around-the-clock customer support. You can contact their customer support via phone or live chat with any Magento related queries. Take note, however, that their chat feature is only available Monday to Friday from 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Security: All packages come with SSL Certificates. This will secure your Magento website, allow you to process payments, and protect the site from intruders.
- Good Uptime: GoDaddy promises an uptime of 99.99%. This is to say that your Magento website will almost always be functional. Downtime can cost you, potential customers.
GoDaddy is a large, established company. Because of their size, they can invest in server farms and provide you with low prices on their hosting plans. The flip side of choosing a large company is you often lose that focus on great customer support.
Which Magento Hosting Provider is The Best?
If you’re serious about the performance of your site, you need to invest in Magento hosting. Specialized Magento hosting is optimized to ensure you get the best speed and performance from your server.
This article explored the eight best Magento hosting providers for Magento stores. They were; SiteGround, Cloudways, Hostgator, A2 Hosting, MageMojo, Hostinger, InMotion, and GoDaddy. Through reading the review, you learned about the features, pros, and cons of each company.
Each of the company’s on this list had strengths and weaknesses. If you’re looking for the cheapest Magento option, consider Hostgator, Hostinger or A2 Hosting.
MageMojo is expensive, but they provide great service.
If you had to shortlist the best Magento hosting providers to just one company, though, it would have to be SiteGround. SiteGround has great hosting features. They provide you with a fast server, great customer support, and the key features you’re looking for from a Magento host. Try SiteGround with up to 60% discount by clicking the button below.
(Get up to 60% off)