Creating a website has never been easier. In less than a day, you can launch a business or a blog and access a global audience for less than the price of a burger and fries.
To make your site a success, though, you need to select a great hosting service. Hosting services vary dramatically. Some will offer more monthly data and have faster servers, while others include extras like email hosting and other unique features.
The key to choosing the best web hosting for beginners is to pick one with the features you need at the price you can afford. Here’s a deep dive into the most popular hosting services around.
Table Of Contents
What Should You Look for From Hosting
There are some basics to consider when choosing the best web hosting for beginners. Whichever hosting services best match your needs, you need to consider:
A slow-loading website is lethal for an online business. A slow website can harm your search rankings and impact the visitor experience. One of the most important factors for site speed is the server speed of your web host.
Ideally, you want to go with hosting plans that also give you access to a free Content Delivery Network (CDN). A CDN stores a cache of your site on local servers based around the world. That means your site loads fast wherever your audience is based.
Good Customer Response
If you’re looking for the best web hosting for beginners, you’ll likely have questions. You need to know that if you make mistakes or hit development roadblocks, you can get help. Some hosts have fantastic customer support. Others, not so much. Almost all claim to have excellent 24/7 support. They don’t all deliver on that promise.
Choosing between hosting companies can be tricky. You need to balance the need for the necessary features with the price of the package.
The majority of the hosts featured in this list have low-cost options for beginners. You can then pay more as your business grows.
The Best Option for Your Content Management System (CMS)
While most people think of WordPress sites when they think of a Content Management System (CMS), there are plenty of alternatives. If you’re a beginner, choose the CMS that offers an easy-to-use and free website builder. Whichever CMS you use, you need your web hosting provider to integrate with it. Some are focused entirely on being WordPress hosting providers. Others will have more flexibility.
Best Web Hosting for Beginners Compared
Now you know what to look for from your hosting provider. The table below provides an overview of the best web hosting for beginners so you can see how they compare.
|Web Hosts||Hosting Type||Uptime||Price Range||Disk Space|
|WPX||Specializes in WordPress hosting and WooCommerce hosting||99.99%||From $24.99/month||10 GB - 40 GB|
|Siteground||Shared, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, WooCommerce hosting, Cloud hosting||99.98%||From $23.99/month||20 GB - 200GB|
|Flywheel||Shared, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, WooCommerce hosting, Cloud hosting||99.99%||From $14.95/month||10 GB - 30 GB|
|99.74%||From $0.99/month||10GB - 100GB|
|Bluehost||Shared, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, WooCommerce hosting, Cloud hosting||99.98%||From $6.95./month||10 GB - unlimited|
|Dreamhost||Shared, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, Cloud hosting||99.99%||From $3.95 a month||10GB to Unlimited|
|Hostgator||Shared, VPS hosting, Dedicated hosting, WooCommerce hosting, Cloud hosting||99.98%||From $2.75./month||10 GB - unlimited|
WPX is one of the best web hosting options for beginners. They provide a specialized service for WordPress site owners with great customer service and fast servers. Here’s a snapshot of what they offer.
- WPX Cloud CDN: The free Content Delivery Network (CDN) ensures visitors can access your site quickly from wherever in the world they are based.
- Staging Area: You can make changes and test your website easily. The staging area is a very useful feature for testing changes to your site.
- Ease of Use: The WPX user interface is easy to use. Managing payments, your database, and all of your email addresses is simple.
For site speed alone, WPX should be something that you take a closer look at. WPX is hard to beat in terms of page loading time and reliability. That’s great if you’re looking to establish an online presence as you’ll provide visitors with a great user experience.
It’s easy to see why WPX is one of the most popular hosts around, and why we consider them the best hosting for WordPress. They remain industry leaders in the managed WordPress hosting space. The pricing is straightforward, and although it’s considered pricey compared to some competitors, it’s cheap for what you get. If you’re looking for WordPress hosting, you can secure a 90% discount on the first month by clicking the link below.
(90% off the first month with coupon DIGGITY90)
Flywheel offers great managed hosting packages. They offer affordable packages, with fast servers and reliable customer servers. Here’s a quick overview of what makes Flywheel a good choice for your business.
- Pricing: Flywheel uses a different pricing system than other hosting services. Rather than paying for a set plan, prices are customized depending on your needs. The team at Flywheel helps work out what features are best for you.
- Free CDN: The free CDN that comes with Flywheel is powered by Fastly. That means it’s very quick for page loading times.
Flywheel offers many services that other hosts charge extra for. Their servers are reliable, and their pricing structure means that you only pay for what you need. The free CDN is excellent. That combination of good features at an affordable price makes Flywheel a great choice. Get access by clicking the button below for the best price.
SiteGround is highly rated. They are one of the best WordPress hosting providers and provide reliable service for sites on other CMS’s.
Here’s a quick review of what makes the SiteGround web hosting services so great.
- Pre-Installed WordPress or WooCommerce: SiteGround can set up your first WooCommerce and WordPress websites. Having a pre-installed site is handy, as it saves the hassle of learning how to install WordPress.
- Payment Options: You have a lot of ways to accept payments. Customers can pay using credit and debit cards, bank transfers, checks, PayPal, and cash on delivery payments.
- Ease of Use: The dashboard is extraordinarily easy to use. There’s a staging area where tweaks can be made to your website easily. The dashboard is very intuitive.
SiteGround has a reputation for reliability and fast servers, and the technical support is excellent. They are a great company and have a solid range of features. You can even host multiple websites on their plans. All of this and more makes SiteGround one of the top hosting for affiliate marketers.
(Get up to 60% off)
Hostinger is one of the cheapest companies. They provide great plans that cater to people on a budget. You get features like unlimited websites, email hosting, and more on many of the standard plans. Check out the service below.
- Price: Hosting plans start at almost one dollar a month. It’s great for people on a budget.
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee: If you decide within the first 30 days that Hostinger is not suitable, you can get a refund.
- Fast Load Time: Despite the low price, the average loading speed on Hostinger is one second. That means fast load times for site visitors.
- User Interface: The user interface is ideal for beginners. The control panel is easy to understand and use. There is also a website builder.
- Free Domain Name: All of the plans on Hostinger come with a free domain name that lasts for a year. It saves you a bit of money.
Hostinger is cheap and fast. It’s ideal for a CMS like Magento or WordPress hosting. Hostinger is also affordable. As with most web-hosting providers, the more you pay, the more features that you can access. Click the button below to secure a plan with up to 60% discount.
If you’re interested in affordable hosting, then Bluehost has to be on your list.
- Analytics: With Bluehost, you get instant access to some robust site monitoring and SEO tools. These are pre-installed, so it’s easy to get started.
- Pre-installed Features: There are multiple pre-installed features, including security resources like Jetpack and email hosting.
Bluehost remains a good all-around service though it’s not as good as Siteground. As you get more visitors and your data needs increase, the price you pay will go up. If you’re looking for an affordable WordPress hosting company or any hosting company for that matter, Bluehost is a good choice. Secure a steep discount by clicking the link below.
(Up to 63% off)
Dreamhost is a great hosting service. Here’s an overview of the service.
- Linux Compatibility: Often called the best host company for Linux users. If your website is Linux powered, then Dreamhost should be one of the web hosts that you explore.
- Security Features: You get free SSL certification with Dreamhost. You also get an automatic malware remover, HTTP/2 support, and two firewalls.
Dreamhost offers reliable hosting at a cheap price with fast servers. Get the cheapest price for Dreamhost by clicking the link below.
Hostgator has its fair share of fans and critics. The company is known for its competitive pricing.
Check out the overview below to learn more about the company.
- Good Uptime: Hostgator has an uptime guarantee of 99.95%. That means your site will always be accessible.
- Site Transfer: They offer free domain transfer. Some companies charge for this service.
Hostgator has its issues. However, the low price makes it a tempting choice when considering different hosting options. It’s an option to consider if you’re launching a small business or personal website and you want to try out a low-cost hosting service. Get steep discounts on Hostgator plans by clicking the link below.
What Is the Best Website Hosting For Beginners?
If you are on a budget, Hostinger or DreamHost are the best budget hosting companies. They offer great shared hosting services, and they’re affordable – but they do have their setbacks.
While Hostinger and Dreamhost are affordable, WPX is the best website hosting for beginners overall. WPX offers outstanding customer support and has fast servers that ensure your WordPress site will load fast.
Your site hosting is your cheapest business expense. Using WPX means that you pay a low price but still have plenty of room to scale.
A company like WPX is perfect. The hosting is great value for money. You can even try WPX risk-free for the first month. Use the coupon code DIGGITY90 to get a 90% discount.