There are tons of hosting options to choose from.
However, you need to make sure that the hosting environment you choose meets certain technical capabilities to allow your website to grow.
You also need to choose the right scripting environment for a properly functioning website.
PHP web hosting is one of these environments.
This is a hosting style that can read and execute in PHP programming language.
Keep reading to learn more about PHP web hosting, its inherent benefits, whether it is for you, and how to choose the right PHP web hosting platform.
Table Of Contents
- What Is PHP?
- Do You Need PHP Hosting?
- PHP And Web Hosting
- Benefits Of PHP Hosting
- Why Should You Choose PHP Hosting?
- How To Choose The Right PHP Hosting Plan?
- Our Choices: The Top Two PHP Hosts
What Is PHP?
PHP or PHP Hypertext Processor is a type of scripting language designed for building dynamic web pages.
It helps in creating dynamic websites easily. The language is primarily available on Linux-based web hosting plans.
The PHP code is embedded in the HTML code of a website and runs on the web hosting server.
Front-end users are not allowed access to this code as is the case with HTML sites.
The primary goal of the PHP language is to provide a free and powerful tool to create dynamic websites.
It is among the most popular scripting languages across the world. The files can be identified by the .php extension.
Do You Need PHP Hosting?
You should choose a PHP web hosting provider if:
- Your business or blog relies on CMS (content management system) like WordPress
- You want a robust line of defense for protecting your customer information and site’s code
PHP is a versatile open-source code that has made it a popular web hosting provider.
PHP Can Support Complex Features Like:
- Presents a more suitable version of the website for the selected screen size and display dimension
- Sending and getting cookies
- Creating useful discussion forums, blogs, and other interactive pages
- Creating interactive web pages for accepting customer input
- Creating a dynamic content site for storing or acquiring data from the database
You may feel a bit overwhelmed with the numerous alternatives available.
Based on this, you can easily find a PHP web hosting platform whether you are seeking an entry-level or inexpensive Linux shared web hosting platform or a fast and powerful dedicated server to make your website perform better.
PHP And Web Hosting
PHP is a server-side coding language, which means the server will process the source code.
Moreover, PHP websites can be designed for containing snippets of CSS and HTML.
In addition, PHP is flexible and can enable you to do a lot of things that you can not do with static websites.
Benefits Of PHP Hosting
Websites that are built with PHP and supported by a PHP web host receive a lot of benefits that are not available in other environments. These are a few common benefits of PHP hosting:
- Affordable: PHP web hosting costs comparatively less as compared to other hosting environments since it is an open-source language
- Compatibility: PHP is a universal language, which means the websites will be compatible with almost all devices, such as iPads, iPhones, and Android. The most important requirement for any website is to be responsive to all screen sizes.
- Scalability: It is easy to upscale and downscale PHP websites. You will be able to handle traffic hikes too. There is unlimited performance scalability and memory storage.
- Flexible: PHP integrates with HTML and CSS easily without any additional plug-ins. It can also mesh with open-source programs and coding frameworks, such as Mambo and Cake PHP.
- Enhanced security: The security of a site is automatically handled by PHP servers. This includes privacy, data security, and malware protection.
- Quick and fast: PHP is light on server resources and doesn’t put strain during high loading times. This reduces overall conversion rates as well.
- Supports web servers: All web servers, like Netscape, Nginx, and Apache among others are supported by PHP
- Data backup: Data is automatically backed up by PHP servers every 4 hours
- Easy database integration: PHP is highly versatile and can be integrated with MySQL and other databases
- Support: PHP has an active community that is always there to help if you get stuck
Why Should You Choose PHP Hosting?
PHP connects dynamic content from databases to HTML pages to make it easier to create interactive content.
These are a few reasons to choose PHP web hosting:
- Favored by beginners because can be incorporated easily into HTML documents
- It is a lightweight option that can be run regardless of the hosting account
- Easy and mostly free to find a PHP web host
- Easy to pull content from a database
- PHP scripting cannot be read by visitors making it ideal for secure applications
- Can be installed easily through the control panel
- PHP is required to run CMS such as WordPress
How To Choose The Right PHP Hosting Plan?
Most web hosting packages have PHP support including inexpensive shared plans and free web host plans.
You may be able to get a free domain name and unlimited resource allocation.
These plans may include a range of PHP scripts that can be installed for enhancing the website.
You should find a PHP web hosting plan that provides all these benefits along with technical support at a price you can afford.
Our Choices: The Top Two PHP Hosts
You cannot go wrong with SiteGround and BlueHost when it comes to PHP web hosting providers.
SiteGround – Best For Customer Support
SiteGround offers feature-rich options at variable price points and treats their customers with care.
You will always have the support you need. They own their data centers located on three different continents to provide top-notch performance.
Bluehost – Best For Beginners
BlueHost is known for optimal support for WordPress.
It provides a wide host of myriad options whether you use WordPress or not.
This is a solid provider with a money-back guarantee, 24/7 support, and extras that make it worth it.
PHP web hosting is necessary for websites that are built using the PHP framework. You should go for PHP web hosting without any worry if you run on WordPress.
You also need to be careful while choosing a PHP hosting provider and make your choice judicious after considering all the factors.
If you are a beginner at builidng your own websites and are looking for a good web host to get started with check out our article 7 Best Web Hosting For Beginners (2022).