The online world of the Philippines is booming due to increased internet use. Looking for web hosting providers can be a great way to start your business website, whether you are selling services or products online.
The Philippines have been coined the social media capital of the world for years now, so it’s not surprising that Filipino people spend lots of time browsing the internet.
We have researched and used over twenty hosting services popular in the Philippines to bring you the best options based on price, features, load time, security, and more.
Table Of Contents
- 1. BlueHost (Editor’s Choice)
- 2. Hostinger PH
- 3. A2 Hosting
- 4. SiteGround
- 5. WPEngine
- 6. GoDaddy P.H.
- 7. HostGator
- 8. LiquidWeb
- 9. Dreamhost
- 10. NameCheap
- Buyer’s Guide
- 8 Popular Website Types You Can Create in the Philippines
- What Do You Need to Host Your Website?
- Do I Need Website Hosting or Only a Domain?
- What Does Website Hosting Mean?
- Why Is a Web Host’s Speed Crucial?
- What Is an SSL certificate?
- How Many Gigabytes Is a Normal Site?
- Can I Own My Website Forever?
- How Much Is It to Host a Website?
- Is It Less Expensive to Host My Own Website?
- Can I Host My Own Site?
- Which Web Hosting Do We Recommend for Philippines?
Shared, VPS, Dedicated, Managed and WooCommerce hosting
Shared, VPS, Dedicated, Reseller hosting
1. BlueHost (Editor’s Choice)
BlueHost was founded in 2003 and has become one of the largest web hosting providers for secure and affordable hosting worldwide. Bluehost provides shared hosting as well as website-building software.
BlueHost features a free SSL certificate, support for PHP and MySQL databases, free technical assistance, and a file manager and FTP account. It also provides customer support through live chat, email tickets, and phone. They have data centers located in India, Utah, London, China, and Hong Kong.
BlueHost’s pricing starts at just $2.95 a month when you pay for the whole year or $9.99 monthly.
In our experience, BlueHost offers low-cost hosting solutions with excellent support.
2. Hostinger PH
Hostinger is one of the least expensive solid hosting services starting at just $0.90 a month. Hostinger is well-known for its shared cloud and VPS hosting.
It also supports PHP and MySQL, provides SSD storage, unlimited storage and bandwidth, and a global service network. They also offer 24/7 customer support, a 99.9 percent uptime guarantee, and data centers in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Singapore, and Lithuania.
In our experience, Hostinger PH is a solid shared hosting option with low prices for cheap hosting.
3. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is among several of the best web hosting providers with all the features you need to build a quality website.
They offer live chat, ticketing, and phone customer support 24/7, unlimited SSD storage and bandwidth, secure website migration, PHP, Perl, and Python support, free automatic backups, free SSH tools, fast WordPress servers, and free SSL certificates.
A2 Hosting will also provide a 30-day money-back guarantee, 99 percent uptime, and data centers in the United States, Amsterdam, and Singapore.
SiteGround is a reliable web host. They provide you with a fixed amount of storage space and excellent customer service. Their page load time is consistent; they provide simple integration with Git and offer free daily backups and many collaboration tools.
They also provide a 99 percent uptime, two free months in case of a loss of uptime, fast customer service response time, and data centers in Australia, the United States, London, the Netherlands, and Germany. SiteGround base plan starts at $3.99 per month.
In our experience, SiteGround offers reliable services with excellent customer support.
WPEngine is a WordPress web host service that allows businesses to grow quickly with creativity, flexibility, efficiency, and functionality. WPEngine has over 100,000 customers in 150 countries.
They provide CDN and SSL, free domain options, 24/7 support, backups, free migrations, advanced security, and one-click staging. Their customer support is quick and efficient, and they have data centers throughout the United States, Montreal, and Amsterdam.
Their hosting starts at $35 a month. In our experience, WPEngine has an excellent customer support and great tools for a hosting provider, but they are more expensive than most hosting companies.
6. GoDaddy P.H.
GoDaddy is one of the world’s largest domain registrars. With their server search and domain name software, buying a domain name with GoDaddy is simple.
GoDaddy provides professional support 24/7, excellent load time and performance, on-demand resources, a simple control panel, 99 percent uptime, and data centers in Amsterdam, Mesa, Phoenix, the U.S., and Singapore. GoDaddy’s plans start at $149 per month.
In our experience, GoDaddy is an excellent service with the most domains available.
HostGator is well-known among popular hosting companies and hosts over 15 million domains. They offer WordPress hosting, a 99.99 percent uptime guarantee, and 24/7 support.
HostGator offers unlimited monthly data transfers, plans packed with features, excellent website-building software, and shared hosting. Their hosting services start at just $2.75 per month.
In our experience, HostGator offers some of the best web hostings for a low cost.
Liquid Web is a web hosting provider with nine server locations and over 600,000 domains. They offer VPS hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated hosting.
They also have pre-installed WordPress, SSD storage, server backups, monitoring, unlimited traffic, a 60-day money-back guarantee, a 100 percent uptime guarantee, and excellent 24/7 support. Their dedicated server hosting starts at $169 per month, and VPS hosting starts at $25 per month.
In our experience, Liquid web offers reliable hosting services, but they are more expensive than other hosting solutions.
DreamHost is a web hosting provider established in 1997 that now hosts over a million websites. This web hosting provider offers a shared hosting service that includes apps for WordPress hosting, a website builder, free connectivity, and storage space.
They also provide unlimited data transfers monthly, excellent security, and various domain management tools.
DreamHost has a 97-day money-back guarantee, a 99.9 percent uptime, excellent customer service, and data centers in the United States. Their shared hosting services start at just $2.95 a month.
In our experience, DreamHost offers affordable hosting services, the best money-back guarantee, and excellent customer service.
NameCheap is a web host that started in 2000 by providing affordable domains. They now web host over 10 million domains.
This hosting provider offers SSL licenses, security services, and premium web hosting. Namecheap delivers some of the best web hosting services with quick-loading pages, a 100 percent uptime guarantee, cPanel, and an up-to-date dedicated web server.
They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, 24/7 support, and data centers in the United States. Their shared hosting plans and web hosting service start at just $1.98 a month.
In our experience, NameCheap offers affordable hosting solutions with reliable dedicated hosting.
Before you build your website and choose the best web hosting provider, there are some key elements to consider to make the process smooth.
- Know What Features You Need – It all comes down to the features you truly need and how much you are willing to pay. Certain web host services provide low-cost services, and others focus more on essential features. By focusing on features that you need to build or manage your website, you can avoid features you don’t need.
- Pricing – It is simple to look at a low price and instantly be sold; however, you will realize that some lower-priced plans don’t offer the features you are looking for. The key is to find the perfect ratio between affordability and essential features. You will also want to check for hidden fees to ensure you get precisely what you want from your hosting service.
- Speed and Reliability – Statistics show that 40 percent of website users leave a website if it takes over three seconds to load. Speed and reliability are critical to the success of your website.
- Security – The best web hosting companies provide SSL for security, frequent backups, monitoring for unusual activity, malware protection, and a firewall.
- Usability – Advanced features don’t mean anything if the interface is too complicated. You may want a simple interface or more extensive options depending on your needs. Match the interface to your level of expertise.
- Support – Often, customer support for web hosting can be something you don’t think about until it’s too late. When it comes to maintaining your website, customer support is essential.
- Scalability – Most companies providing hosting services allow you to upgrade to a higher plan when the need arises quickly. As you build an audience for your webpage, you may need more features and support for your website than before. Choosing a hosting service that gives you the ability to grow is critical.
Domain names and websites are considered internet real estate.
– Marc Ostrofsky, Entrepreneur, Marketing.com
Types of Web Services
Before choosing a web hosting company, it is also essential to know what types of web services are available and what each one does.
- Shared Hosting – Shared Hosting is when your website is hosted on a server that hosts other websites. The main advantage of shared hosting is low prices, but you are sharing storage with other websites.
- Reseller Web Hosting – Reseller hosting is an upgraded version of shared web hosting. Reseller hosting is helpful if you plan on reselling the web hosting to another website creator.
- Cloud-Based Hosting – Cloud-based hosting allows you to upgrade when needed and adjust their capacity to manage web traffic by adding the required hardware. Cloud-based hosts link hundreds of servers together to create one large server and allow you to pay for what you use.
- Virtual Private Servers – VPS private servers act as standalone servers. It acts like a dedicated server without outrageous prices.
- Dedicated Web Servers – With dedicated web servers, you are renting hardware from the top web hosting providers. Dedicated web servers are used by websites that generate lots of traffic and need stability to keep their website up and running consistently.
- Colocation Web Hosting – A colocation web host only provides you with space and an internet connection. You will need to set up your server hardware and fix issues as they arise.
- Self-service Web Hosting – With self-service web hosting, you manage hardware and software, set up, backup, install, and monitor servers.
- WordPress Hosting – WordPress is easily the most popular way to build a website. A WordPress host keeps your installation up to date and provides security.
8 Popular Website Types You Can Create in the Philippines
E-commerce platforms are easy to use to sell products to consumers.
If a website has a shopping cart and the ability to pay with PayPal, a credit card, or a debit card, it typically qualifies as an Ecommerce site.
For an E-Commerce website, the most important factor is trust
– Jack Ma, Chinese Business Magnate and Co-Founder, Alibaba
2. Blogs And Personal Sites
There are a variety of personal websites, which an individual usually writes on a specific topic. Examples include travel and lifestyle, business, beauty, fashion, health and wellness, parenting, food, self-improvement, tech and gaming, dating, and relationship blogs.
However, a personal blog can be about just about anything. However, if you are trying to make money with a blog, it is best to focus on a single subject.
3. Online Community
Online community forums are a place to start discussions about specific topics. The user posts a question or idea, and others respond with their comments. Users share and add their details to existing pages or their own unique pages. Members can upload, comment on posts, and interact.
4. Informational Sites
Informational sites are designed to provide personalized service for prospective customers, investors, or stakeholders. These websites are designed to provide personalized and marketed resources for existing or prospective clients.
Ultimately, users visit your website for the content. Everything else on the website is just the backdrop.
– Jakob Nielsen, PHD, User Advocate, and Founder, Nielsen Norman Group
5. News Sites
Websites that provide news other than T.V., radio, or newspapers are known as news sites.
Depending on the reader, they contain various information that may be known as “news,” which can include games, old but striking news, and other odds-and-ends information.
Another form of a news site is focused only on the news. These sites can feature music, sports, democratic, judicial or other types of news.
6. Business Websites
Business websites are becoming increasingly popular due to the fact that 70 to 80 percent of customers study a business online before buying a product. Not having a business website makes you miss out a lot of business opportunities.
A business website should have some informative pages about the company, the products or services the company offers, and the customers they serve.
7. Resume, Consulting, or Portfolio Websites
A resume website is an electronic form of a resume on paper; it includes information about your education, qualifications, and previous positions. A company site is a consulting site.
A consulting firm’s site is there to provide details about the firm. Portfolio websites can showcase a portfolio online to display your skills and talents. Professionals with graphic design, website design, and other marketing skills often use portfolio websites.
8. Business Directory
A business directory is a website that lists all of the businesses in a community.
The directory is organized in the form of a business, location, volume, scale, and operation. Company names, locations, contact information, service features, number of workers, the area served, and more can all be found on a Business Directory site.
What Do You Need to Host Your Website?
To host your website, you will need a domain name and the best web hosting company. The hosting company handles all the technical information and provides an easy way to control their website hosting.
Do I Need Website Hosting or Only a Domain?
You will need both. A domain name is your website’s address and web hosting stores all your website files and data. Without web hosting, your website wouldn’t exist, and your domain would send users nowhere.
What Does Website Hosting Mean?
Hosting your website means storing files on a server. The server makes the files on your website available to the internet and allows users to see them. The primary use of a web server is to accept requests and send the website’s address to the user’s browser.
Why Is a Web Host’s Speed Crucial?
A web host’s speed is crucial to keep your users a smooth experience and enhance your google ranking and SEO rating.
What Is an SSL certificate?
A Secure Sockets Layer or SSL certificate is a security system that allows communications between a web server and the internet. Many online companies use it to reduce the chance of data being compromised by hackers.
How Many Gigabytes Is a Normal Site?
The majority of websites with text and images need three to five G.B. to run properly. The amount of bandwidth needed from a web host depends on the site’s size and the number of users.
Can I Own My Website Forever?
No, it isn’t possible to buy a domain permanently. When using a web host, you are essentially leasing your domain for an agreed-upon period of time.
How Much Is It to Host a Website?
How much the price is to host a website depends on the hosting type. Shared hosting costs between $5 and $20 a month, VPS hosting costs $20 to $40 per month, and cloud hosting starts at around $50 per month.
Is It Less Expensive to Host My Own Website?
Yes, it is less expensive to host your website. Hosting your own site allows you to avoid features you don’t need. However, managing your own website can be very time-consuming for business owners.
Can I Host My Own Site?
Yes, you can host your own site if you have the time to put into it. You will also need to be a bit tech-savvy if you’re looking to host your own website; otherwise, it may be too overwhelming.
Which Web Hosting Do We Recommend for Philippines?
Choosing the best Philippines web hosting is crucial to the success of your website. Choosing the proper web hosting can increase the likelihood of traffic coming to your page, providing your viewers with a good experience and increasing sales.
We recommend Bluehost. They have over 20 years of experience as a web hosting provider and offer secure and highly affordable web hosting.
Bluehost offers a 99.99 percent uptime guarantee to keep your website running, excellent customer support, no hidden fees, a simple control panel, and even a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Our #1 Recommendation: Bluehost