Search engine optimization is crucial for a business looking to increase its organic traffic and online presence. There are several SEO tools on the market, and Surfer SEO and Ahrefs are two of the most recommended and most powerful SEO tools.
We have used both tools for years to improve our SEO strategies. In this article, we will evaluate Surfer SEO and Ahrefs based on their features, price, and more to help you choose the best SEO tool for your business.
Table Of Contents
- Quick Summary
- What Is Surfer SEO?
- What Is Ahrefs?
- Feature Comparison
- Comparison Of Pricing
- Surfer SEO Vs. Ahrefs: Which Is Better?
- Surfer SEO is an on-page optimization tool that provides keyword suggestions, keyword search, and more to improve your website’s SEO.
- Ahrefs is an SEO tool that allows you to research competitors’ websites for related keywords, track keyword difficulty scores, target keywords, and backlinking.
- Both Ahrefs and Surfer SEO have features to help you rank with search engines, such as a backlink checker, content editor, rank tracker, and more.
What Is Surfer SEO?
Surfer SEO is one of the most popular SEO tools that provide businesses with on-page information for improving their website’s SEO. Surfer SEO can help you create meta tags, titles, and content optimized for relevant keywords and analyze your new and existing content for Google ranking.
What Is Ahrefs?
Ahrefs is a powerful SEO tool that allows you to find competitors’ websites to find gaps for profitable keywords, find keywords for content optimization, use advanced research to find target keywords, and provide information on backlinking, keyword difficulty scores, and SEO.
SEO is like having a resume; you polish it up so you are putting your best foot forward.– Matt Cutts, Software Engineer at Google
Surfer SEO has various features that help with ranking factors for your website, including a SERP analyzer, keyword research, and content editor. Even before you begin writing content, you can ensure it is fit for search results.
When writing articles, you will need to find out what target keyword searches are using, and the SERP analyzer can help you do this. It can order search results by desktop, mobile, or geographic location.
Surfer SEO’s powerful keyword research tool will list keywords and show the monthly search volume. This tool can also help you if your goal is to rank your website with on-page SEO in a specific location.
Surfer’s content editor tells a search engine what your page is about, which helps with ranking. It can also provide you with logical suggestions to improve the content, such as how many words you should have in an article, topics and questions to answer, and missing keywords.
This feature also attaches directly to Google Docs for easy editing.
The Ahrefs site explorer tool is useful for comparing your website traffic and backlinks to competitors’ websites.
The tool’s organic traffic gives insights about which keywords your competitors already rank for and allows you to explore quality keywords for your website. The Explorer tool also has a backlink checker for sites giving backlinks to gauge a website’s authority.
Ahrefs keyword explorer can help you find the most popular search terms and supports over 100 languages. They don’t only give you search volume but also click metrics to analyze what keywords people are most likely to click on.
The Rank Tracker is another of Ahrefs key features that help you analyze how well your strategies are working. The tool allows you to compare performance over time to competitors from 170 countries. The tool also sends SEO reports daily, weekly, or monthly.
Comparison Of Pricing
- Lite ($99 per month): Includes an SEO dashboard, Ahrefs site explorer tool, keywords explorer, Ahrefs URL analyzer, site audit, rank tracker, and alerts.
- Standard ($179 per month): Includes everything from the lite package plus six months of history, history position chart, SERP updates, batch analysis, the content gap from competitors, broken backlinks, outgoing links, domains and countries comparison, calendar view, and reports sharing.
- Advanced ($399 per month): Includes everything from the previous two plans plus dashboard folder organization, Ahrefs search, two years of history, site structure, HTML source, HTTP authentication, and Google data studio.
- Agency ($999 per month): Includes everything from the previous plans plus unlimited history, access management, pay-by-invoice feature, directory listing, audit log, API, and SSO.
- Ahrefs also offers a 7-day trial for $7.
- Basic ($49 per month): Includes one team member, content editor to write and optimize up to 120 articles per year, audit up to 240 pages per year, optimize and track two websites, advanced keyword search, and SERP analysis.
- Pro ($99 per month): Includes everything from the basic package plus content editor for up to 360 articles per year, audit up to 720 pages per year, optimize and track up to five websites, and three team members.
- Business ($199 per month): Includes everything from the previous two plans plus content editor for up to 840 articles per year, audit up to 1680 pages per year, optimize and track 10 websites, ten team members, white labeling of sharable links, and access to Surfer API.
- Enterprise (Custom pricing per month): Includes everything from the previous plans plus content editor for a custom amount of articles, audit up to a custom amount of pages per year, unlimited team members, a dedicated customer success manager, personalized product training, VIP support, and legal assistance.
- Surfer SEO also offers a free 7-day trial.
Does Surfer SEO Work?
Yes, Surfer SEO works. They offer one of the best SEO tools available to optimize your website content and improve Google ranking.
Is Ahrefs A Great SEO Tool?
Yes, Ahrefs is a great SEO tool. Their data is among the most trusted by SEO experts and other SEO professionals.
What Is A Good Surfer SEO Score For Content?
A good Surfer SEO score for content is between 67 to 100, which indicates the high quality and relevance of the content.
It takes a few days up to a few weeks before you can crawl a new backlink with Ahrefs. They crawl pages according to a specific algorithm to ensure efficient use of resources without compromising quality.
Surfer SEO Vs. Ahrefs: Which Is Better?
SEO campaigns are crucial in the digital marketing community to increase traffic to your website. Both Surfer SEO and Ahrefs have their advantages and disadvantages, but the best SEO software for your business depends on the features you need and your budget.
Ultimately, whichever SEO tool you choose for your business, you can benefit from helpful tools like backlink analysis, rank tracker, on-page SEO, Google Docs integration, keyword ideas, and more.