It is estimated that around 64 million websites use WordPress. Given that it’s so easy to use, it’s no wonder that it remains the dominating website builder. That’s where a WordPress hosting provider comes in.
Using a WordPress hosting company allows website owners to deliver a better user experience. When you choose the best WordPress hosting providers, all of their services are fully optimized to host WordPress sites. That makes it much easier to maintain performance.
It also boosts online security because there’s only one kind of CMS to service.
Investing in WordPress hosting providers is a smart move for those already using WordPress and those considering it. Here are the top hosting options for your WordPress site.
Table Of Contents
Best Options for WordPress Web Hosting Compared
From shared hosting to managed, you have many options for the best WordPress hosting provider. Here’s a quick reference guide to show you the basics.
|Web Hosts||Hosting Type||Uptime||Price Range||Disk Space|
|WPX||Specializes in WordPress hosting and WooCommerce hosting||99.99%||From $24.99/month||10 GB - 40 GB|
|Siteground||Shared, VPS, Dedicated, WooCommerce hosting, Cloud||99.98%||From $23.99/month||20 GB - 200GB|
|Dreamhost||Shared, VPS, dedicated||99.90%||From $2.59||40 GB - Unlimited|
|Hostinger||Shared, VPS, Dedicated, WooCommerce hosting, Cloud||99.98%||From $2.75./month||10 GB - unlimited|
|Kinsta||VPS||99.99%||From $30/month||10 GB - 1000 GB|
|Flywheel||VPS||99.90%||From $12/month||2 GB - 500 GB|
|Bluehost||Shared, VPS, Dedicated, WooCommerce, Cloud||99.98%||From $6.95./month||10 GB - Unlimited|
|Nexcess||Shared, VPS||99.99%||From $10.35./month||10 GB - Unlimited|
|A2 Hosting||Shared, VPS, Dedicated, Managed WordPress||99.99%||From $8.99./month||100 GB - Unlimited|
|GoDaddy||Shared, VPS, WordPress, dedicated||99.86%||From $2.99./month||30GB - Unlimited|
Here are the top 10 WordPress hosting providers available right now.
1. WPX Hosting
It’s hard to beat WPX Hosting. It comes with an incredible range of features, all of which are available on even the lowest-priced plan. WPX is an industry leader when it comes to WordPress hosting companies.
- WPX Cloud CDN: WPX has servers all around the world. The content delivery network (CDN) means that not only will your web pages load fast wherever your customers are, but that you’ll rarely encounter any downtime issues.
- Staging Area: You’re going to want to change your website occasionally. The testing area means that you can create a test site. When you’re ready, the changes that you make can be published.
- Easy to Use: The user interface on WPX is straightforward. It’s intuitive and makes page and site management and maintenance as simple as it can be.
Even if you’re just looking at site speed, WPX is the hosting service others have to beat. That’s particularly true if you’re specifically looking for a WordPress hosting provider. WPX focuses on WordPress hosting, which is only good news for you.
On the technical side of things, the impressive server speeds and the addition of the free CDN make for a complete package.
From customer support to the focus on WordPress hosting, WPX is simply one of the top options for hosting your WordPress website.
You can get access to WPX with a 90% discount on the first month. Simply click the button below and use the coupon code DIGGITY90.
(90% off the first month with coupon DIGGITY90)
If you want the best, most professional customer service from WordPress hosting companies, a managed WordPress hosting plan is the best option. This is a much more costly choice, but the support that you get is worth the expense.
- Customer Support: The support from SiteGround is stellar, whatever you need from them. You can contact them via live chat, a ticket system, or by phone. They also offer very specific support depending on what you need. Whether it’s plugin problems or site migration, the tech support team can walk you through the solutions.
- Merging Managed and Shared: SiteGround offers, what it calls, managed WordPress hosting. However, it’s more a middle ground between shared and managed WordPress hosting. You get many of the benefits of managed WordPress hosting plans but at a price closer to a shared WordPress plan from one of the best WordPress hosting providers.
- Starter Kit: SiteGround includes an excellent WordPress starter kit that lets beginners easily build a WordPress site, alongside automated WordPress installation.
- Website Builder: The website builder comes as standard and is 100% free.
- Site migration: Free migrations for your WordPress website.
WordPress recommends a handful of hosting companies, including SiteGround. Combine that with industry awards and consistently positive reviews, and it’s no surprise that SiteGround remains as popular as ever.
That makes it one of the best WordPress hosting providers when you’re keeping a tight rein on your budget. SiteGround is an excellent middle ground. The customer support is hard to beat, and they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t like the service.
(Get up to 60% off)
There aren’t many hosting companies that WordPress officially recommends for WordPress hosting. DreamHost is one of them, along with BlueHost and SiteGround. While the others have their benefits, DreamHost offers competitive monthly rates.
- The Price: If you’re not looking for a long contract, you can still get some of the best WordPress hosting prices. The starter plans are around $5 a month with no long-term commitments.
- Free Domain Name: DreamHost helps to keep your costs down by including the use of a free domain for your first year. That can save you between $10 and $15.
- Website Builder and Tools: They don’t limit the tools you can access, unlike BlueHost.
- Assured Free Domain Privacy: This helps to ensure that your personal information is not publicly accessible. Other hosts do provide this, but it can be costly. DreamHost offers this as a basic service.
DreamHost is a great choice for people starting with WordPress hosting providers. Whichever plan that you choose, the price is always competitive. You also get a 100% uptime guarantee, unlimited websites on the higher tier plans, and you’ll receive a payment if your site ever goes down.
There’s also an impressive 97-day money-back guarantee, which you won’t find with any other hosting provider. It’s an excellent service that’s hard to beat.
Hostinger provides website hosting for as little as $1.99 a month. You might think that would give you extremely limited use of features, but you still get the essentials. That means your site still looks professional and has the right loading speeds, but without the expense of the pricier hosts.
- Ease of Use: It’s easy to use, even if you’ve never used hosting or WordPress hosting companies before.
- WordPress Installation: Done via a one-click function with a complete site setup wizard to get you started. There is a range of tutorials available too, so it’s great for beginners.
- 99% Uptime: You’re not going to have to worry about your site going down. The 99.99% uptime is one of the gold standards in hosting. You may get the occasional drop, but this is extremely rare.
- Loading Speed: Hostinger has some of the fastest loading speeds in the hosting world, with an average load time of 1.56 seconds. So, your customers won’t be sitting around waiting for your pages to be visible.
- Automatic Backups: You get access to automated daily or weekly backups depending on which plan you opt for. This can certainly help you if you fall victim to a phishing scam or the latest malware.
- Perfect for WordPress Caching: The Hostinger backend is powered by LiteSpeed Cache for WordPress, making cache integration and management incredibly straightforward.
Whichever plan you choose, you get a 99.99% guaranteed uptime, and your site speed will be fast for up to 10,000 visitors per month. The addition of the Lightspeed cache means that your site will be quick, and it works alongside all of the most popular plugins.
The renewal price is a lot higher than the introductory price. It’s a big jump, but that reflects how much of a bargain those first-time costs are. The full price that you pay on a renewal is still competitive.
Hostinger offers some of the best WordPress hosting services for those people keeping tight control over their budgets. It’s WordPress optimized, great value for money, and simply one of the cheapest WordPress hosting companies around.
It doesn’t have everything you need, but it remains one of the best WordPress hosting services currently available.
Primarily focused on managed hosting, Kinsta is powered by Google’s Cloud Platform. By using the Google infrastructure, Kinsta becomes incredibly easy to use and is extremely accessible.
- Total Managed Service: Kinsta offers some of the best-managed services currently available. Anything server-related is done for you so that you can focus solely on the front end of your website.
- WordPress Installation: Installing WordPress is easier on Kinsta than on most other sites. Simply clicking on a single button during your registration will mean that Kinsta installs WordPress for you.
- Customer Support: As one of the top managed host services, Kinsta comes with hard-to-beat customer support. There’s a 24/7 chat option and ticket support when you need it. It’s the Kinsta team that makes the customer support stand out, though. They know their stuff and are quick to resolve any problems you’re having.
- Auto-Scaling: If you get sudden traffic surges, your website loading speed will not be slowed down. Kinsta simply allocates more RAM and CPU to your site. This is automated, so it’s extremely flawless. So if you have regular traffic spikes due to viral content or regular product launches, Kinsta helps you stay accessible.
Kinsta is pricey, especially when compared with options like Hostinger. You get what you pay for, though, and Kinsta has a wide range of features covering the basics and the more advanced. While other hosting services try to do everything, Kinsta keeps things simple.
They offer only WordPress hosting-specific plans. So despite the high prices, Kinsta is well worth exploring if you’re looking for something that will allow your WordPress site to scale.
If you’re just getting started with managed hosting, Flywheel offers a range of excellent features. It’s considered a more budget-friendly option in terms of managed hosts.
- Price: It’s just $13 a month for the lowest tier plan. You get to host one WordPress website, and it can handle up to 5,000 monthly visitors.
- Free Migration: This is 100% free no matter where your site currently is.
- Google-Powered: The Flywheel servers are run on the Google Cloud Platform, so you can be sure that you’re using a high-quality host.
- Multisite Support: Flywheel offers a managed service, so you get access to multisite support and a staging area to test site changes. Flywheel only does WordPress hosting, so the team knows their stuff when it comes to technical support. You can get support using the live chat function or the support ticket submission option.
- Daily Backups: You get free backups every day, alongside easy WordPress update management.
- Free SSL: When security is so important for an online business, the free SSL certificate is valuable.
- WordPress Installation: It’s incredibly easy. You can use the free site migration or create a whole new WordPress site using the Flywheel dashboard.
If one site is all you need, the two lower-priced plans are more than enough for most people. Comparatively, Flywheel is very affordable and comes with a wide range of outstanding features.
It’s certainly something to consider if you want to move away from worrying about micromanaging the back-end of your site. There are cheaper hosting options available, but Flywheel is a good all-rounder that should be considered if your budget is flexible enough for it.
An industry leader, Bluehost currently powers around two million websites. It’s one of the hosting services that WordPress officially endorses. It’s an excellent option to look at if you’re just about to build your first WordPress page.
- Free Domain: When you sign up with Bluehost, you automatically get a free domain. That can save you about $10-$15.
- Easy WordPress Installation: WordPress is incredibly easy to install. You simply click one button, and WordPress is ready to go.
- Low-Cost: It’s hard to beat the $2.95 that you pay for the lowest-priced plan. However, to get that $2.95 monthly price, you have to commit to a three-year contract. That’s a commitment not everyone is ready for.
- Fast Loading Speeds: Page loading speeds are not a problem despite the low costs. Even the lowest-priced plan comes with a free CDN and always-enabled SSL certificates.
If you’re currently paying for shared hosting and considering a more managed service, then Bluehost now offers this.
Their managed service is called WP Pro and comes with the three-year contract demand, but the price remains low at just $14.99 per month.
All in all, Bluehost is one of the best WordPress hosting service options. It’s ideal for those on a smaller budget.
(Up to 63% off)
One of the reasons why Nexcess is worth looking at is its pricing plan. Unlike other web hosts, all of the features on Nexcess are available with every plan. So even if you go for the lowest price, you don’t miss out on anything.
- Range of Prices: Prices start pretty low at just $19 per month (with no contract) and $12.97 per month if you contract for a year. For those prices, you get fully managed WordPress hosts. You don’t have to worry about any tedious maintenance, such as WordPress plugins updates.
- Monthly Backups: There are scheduled backups every 30 days.
- Storage: The 15GB storage capability with Spark, the entry-level plan, is hard to beat. Spark also gives you 2TB of bandwidth, which few hosting services can come close to.
- Auto-Scaling: One of the best things about Nexcess is that it allows for auto-scaling if you experience a traffic surge.
There are seven plans to choose from, and the only real difference between them is how many websites you can have. The top tier allows for unlimited websites.
Nexcess does come with a free trial period, so they’re worth taking a look at. And at less than $13 a month for a fully managed WordPress hosting provider, Nexcess is hard to beat. Nexcess is a lot of hosting for a small amount of money.
9. A2 Hosting
Automated free site migrations are increasingly common with the big web hosting companies. Some of these are offered for free, while others will charge you for the move. What A2 Hosting does differently is that they don’t automate the process.
- Site Migration: You get real people moving your existing website to their servers, meaning a streamlined and worry-free process. A2 offers this for free.
- Storage: A2 provides you with a starting point of 100GB of storage, more than most people need.
- Security: Free virus scanning and defensive tools to protect against hackers.
Overall, A2 has fast servers at a decent price point. The customer support is exemplary. Whether you want shared WordPress hosting plans or a more managed plan, A2 has the options to match your needs.
Even a basic shared WordPress host plan comes with 100GB of storage, more than most hosting services. The unlimited free email is hard to beat too. The fact that this is all available on a basic plan is impressive.
If you upgrade to a more expensive plan, the performance only improves. You can boost your website’s performance so that it can handle as much as nine times as many site visitors.
Starting at just $2.99 per month, GoDaddy is one of the biggest names in hosting. They’ve gone through some changes over the years. Their previously challenging user interface is easier to use, and site navigation is much simpler.
- Website Builder: The free website builder comes with a range of templates for you to use.
- Free Resources: When you sign up for a year, you get a free domain and a year’s subscription to Microsoft Office 365 business email. Considering that it usually costs around $60 a year, that’s a nice saving. The free SSL certification is handy too.
- Price: You can pay less than $5 a month for shared hosting. WordPress hosting is around the same price. Dedicated hosting plans start at around $90 per month.
GoDaddy is a good option, despite being one of the cheapest.
The special offers that are included with some plans could make the costs even more tolerable. It’s not for everyone, but its ease of use alone makes it worth looking at. Just be very aware of the renewal times and their costs.
What Should You Look For in WordPress Hosting?
The best WordPress host plan for you and your website will depend on a range of factors. You need to know what you’re looking for before you sign up with a new web hosting service.
Almost all of the biggest names in web hosting allow for WordPress websites integration. The best WordPress hosting solutions provide a service designed perfectly to match WordPress configurations. The entire backend will be optimized specifically for WordPress hosting and the WP engine.
So if you’re looking for the best WordPress hosting platform, what should you be looking at before deciding?
1. Affordable Pricing vs Full Service Hosting
You need to match your budget with your host. In most cases, shared WordPress hosting will be the cheapest option. That does mean that you’ll have to do your maintenance and updates yourself.
However, due to the easy user interfaces that most web hosting providers have, maintenance is simpler. User interfaces on sites focused on being WordPress hosts are very straightforward.
If the thought of all of that maintenance is already wearing you out, look for the companies that offer managed WordPress hosting. You can expect to pay more for this. On the plus side, it means that you’ll often get daily backups done for you, automatic WordPress updates, malware scanning and resolution, and ongoing security updates.
Also, make sure that you look at renewal prices. Some of the budget options start low but have massive price increases when your contract renews. Always check the renewal prices when conducting a WordPress hosting comparison.
2. Good Customer Response
You also need to do some checking on the quality of that technical support. It’s not going to be useful if your site experiences difficulties during your busiest days and you can’t get through to the support team.
Look through reviews and avoid the web hosting options with a bad reputation for customer support. You could be left vulnerable and end up costing you money.
Although user interfaces and familiarity with WordPress will mean that you may not need customer support often, it’s worth knowing more about. Have a look at the different ways that you can contact the relevant WordPress hosting teams for support.
Some WordPress hosting services offer a full range of contact points. Live chat, ticketing systems, emails, social media, and phone lines. You will have your preferred ways of communicating, so make sure your choice is available.
One advantage of the best WordPress hosting is that the technical support team will understand the CMS you’re using. They’ll be able to help you with themes, WordPress plugins, and common issues that can arise with WordPress and WordPress hosting.
3. Fast Server
Fast servers mean that your pages load faster. A faster page loading speed means a better user experience and a higher likelihood that Google will rank your site above slower websites.
All of the WordPress hosting companies on this list have good fast servers.
Ideally, you want a WordPress hosting service that comes with a content delivery network (CDN). Some web hosting services include a CDN for free with some plans.
Uptime is another issue. If you see that WordPress hosting providers have a low uptime percentage, then they’re worth avoiding. You want your website always to be accessible. All of the listed web hosting providers on this list have great uptime stats, although there are weaker performers.
What Is the Best WordPress Hosting?
While many web hosting providers offer web hosting services to other website builders, those listed here all have dedicated WordPress hosting plans.
Choosing a web hosting plan that’s been 100% optimized for WordPress hosting is always smart.
WPX Hosting is the standout winner when comparing every best WordPress hosting company. Whatever you’re looking for, WPX has a great mix of features and is designed with a WordPress hosting focus.
The customer support is almost impossible to beat, and their response time is impressive. Being so focused on being a WordPress hosting company means that their technical team can resolve every issue that you’ll ever have.
The most high-value feature of WPX is the CDN, which is included with all price plans. It guarantees a professional level of website performance, and you’ll never have to worry about downtime.
WPX has all the standard features you would expect from a WordPress hosting provider, and more. From free site migration and free SSL certification to automated website backups every day, WPX Hosting simply delivers the comprehensive service that your WordPress pages need.
WPX – 90% off the first month with coupon DIGGITY90